CLICK ON LINKS BELOW TO ACCESS BREAKOUT MATERIALS
Breakout Session I, Tuesday, September 26, 9:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
- How Far Can We Go to Create an Emergency Crisis Response System Across Minnesota?
(Cathy ten Broeke and Eric Grumdahl)
- The Dos and Don’ts of Writing an Effective Gov’t Grant Proposal
- How Homeless Impacts us Across the Age Spectrum: Characteristics of Youth on Their Own and Older Adults
(Michelle Gerrard, Greg Owen)
- #GoodFood4MN: In the trenches with the Good Food Access Campaign
(Luke Sharman, Leah Gardner)
- The MFIP Journey Toward Self-Sufficiency
- This Is Medicaid
(Susie Emmert Schatz, Patrick Ness)
- Organizing with Renters: Lessons from the Minneapolis fair-housing movement, with Inquilinxs Unidxs por Justica
Breakout Session II, Tuesday, September 26, 11:00 a.m. -12:15 p.m.
- Affordable Housing as a Path to Economic Self Sufficiency
- Rural Models for Emergency Shelter
(Heather Jeseritz, Jeanine Antony)
- Strategies for Responding to and Serving Homeless Youth Who Have Experienced Sexual Exploitation
(Dina Chou, James Scott, Caroline Palmer)
- Education resources for homeless learners from birth to graduation
(Eric Grumdahl, Sandy Myers)
- The Circle That Heals One’s Core Hurts
- SSB and SOAR Advocacy Program Information Session
- Building Intercultural Infrastructure Within Your Organization
(Kirsten Rokke, Eden Fauré)
Breakout Session III, Tuesday, September 26, 1:45 p.m. -3:00 p.m.
- Going Far Together
- Everything You Need to Know about GRH
(Shery Block, Jeremy Galley)
- The Pop-Up Emergency Shelter in Dakota County – Faith, Guts, and Sleeping under a Christmas Tree
(Rebecca Bowers, Monica Nilsson)
- Keeping what we got and fighting for more: Section 8 protections, inclusionary housing and other policy tools to preserve and create affordable housing
(Lael Robertson, Eric Hauge)
- Race Matters: Strategies for Authentic Dialogue
(Malissa Stanton Adams)
- The Road Ahead: Addressing Homelessness in Neurodiverse Populations
(Don Ryan, Ruth Richardson)
- How Far Can We Go to Prevent and End Homelessness as a State by 2020?
(Cathy ten Broeke, Amy Stetzel, Alison Niemi, Andrea Simonett, Eric Grumdahl)
Breakout Session IV, Tuesday, September 26, 3:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Will an Affordable Housing Trust Fund Work for Community?
- Creating the Social Justice Collaborative
(Vanessa Monahan-Rial, Ashley Day, Courtney Gunderson)
- Unveiling the Minnesota HIV Housing Plan
(Kim Lieberman, Chuck Peterson)
- Discharged to Homelessness: Health, Housing, and the Myth of Autonomy
(Sarah Jane Keaveny)
- How Can You Live Well At Home…When You Do Not Have a Home?
(James McKinstra, Karen Lenius)
- zAmya Theater presents: Creating Second Chance
Know Your Clients’ Immigration Rights
(Anne Quincy, Tracy Roy, Jessica Webster)
Breakout Session V, Wednesday, September 27, 9:30 a.m. -10:45 a.m.
- Raising Major Gifts for Homeless Service Orgs
- Domestic Violence Dialogue Forum: Implementing Transformational Change through Personal Narrative and Community Organizing
- Adversity Builds Character, How Far Can You Go?
- Engaging Rural Communities in Difficult Discussions
(Heather Lindula, Jennifer Kuoppala)
- Preventing & Ending Homelessness for Tribal Members: On and Off the Reservation
(Kristi Dawes, Marcia Otte, Tammy Moreland, Jordan May, Alicia Smith, Carol Hernandez, Pamela Hughes, Nova Larson)
- Best Practices in Providing Emergency Shelter for Victim/Survivors of IPV: A Voluntary Services Model
(Rebecca Hoffman, Andrea Kingbird)
- Part I – A Voice in the Streets: Making an Impact with Social Justice Posters (Preregistered Session)
- How Prison PIMPS Homelessness
(Fatima Moore, Jason Sole, Joe Soss, Kaying Thao)
Breakout Session VI, Wednesday, September 27, 11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Federal Policy Briefing – Where We Are and What’s Next
- Equity Mindsets: Transforming our Thinking to Advance Racial Justice
(Kirsten Johnson, Sindy Morales Garcia)
- Creating a Supportive Team Environment in Order to Avoid Burnout and Secondary Trauma
(Karvee Pshorr, Carrie Johnson)
- GA and MSA: Two Programs You Should Know More About
- Creating Effective Fundraising Offers
- Hey Kid, Why Don’t You Just Get A Job?
(Maude Dornfeld, Emily Edison)
- Moving SNAP Policy Forward to Improve Access for ABAWDs
(Karen Nelsen-Huss, Andrea McConnell, Di Vang)
- Part II – A Voice in the Streets: Making an Impact with Social Justice Posters(Preregistered Session)
Breakout Session VII, Wednesday, September 27, 2:00 p.m. -3:15 p.m.
- Survey Instrument Outreach
- How Far WILL We Go to See the Invisible
- The Serial Inebriate Program-Collaborative Interventions For Chronic Homeless Inebriates
(Deni McLagan, Officer John Liening)
- Developing and Maximizing Relationships with Landlords
(Warren Duncan, Anthony Coleman)
- Transportation: Solutions for Greater Minnesota
- Emotionally Intelligent Racial Equity Leadership
(Cardina Esparza, Kirsten Johnson)
The 2017 Annual Conference was Sponsored By: